Monday 27 July 2015

line them up and I'll knock 'em off

Only four days into the summer and look what I get done.


Why do I work again?

First up two SAGA Norman archers.


Which means the fellas below now become Norman mercenary archers. . . . .


The trouble with this is I now have to paint up eleven Viking Bondi to fill out my proposed six points of SAGA Vikings.

Just to add to the rain of arrows I also got eight Norman Crossbowmen finished.


I originally wanted them to have tan leather jerkins but it's on its last legs so they got 'boot strap' leather instead. Unfortunately it does not look as good as the tan when painted over large areas.

But they look ok (ish) when viewed from the back (which I mostly stare at).


With me being me, I had to knock out a couple of Orkz.


The above boyz sees me finish off enough Orks to play the Rouge Trader 'Battle of the Farm', which I hope to get to play this summer.

While I was painting, my boy come in and had a go at me for not painting up his orkz yet (something I had been promising since Christmas!).

This meant I had to paint at least one to appease him.


Considering it is an old Space Crusade plastic and I had to paint on most of the face detail it's looking ok. I have 5 more of these to do and I am tempted to really have a go to town on the faces and see if I can paint the faces to a good standard. Time will tell.

I had to laugh when I asked him what colours he wanted and he insisted on MC Hammer style gold trousers!

Maybe it's because it's from the 80's but it seems to work.

The good news is I have landed a new job which is going to be paying proper money so I should not be skint for much longer.

The bad news is my old job was an absolute doss, but you only get so much money for old rope!

This means I will be losing my evenings and weekends again. I want to keep the gaming up but I think my painting will really slow down.

I have made a hit list of stuff I want to get finished over the summer but I will see what I get finished.

Now the numbers

Miniatures painted / sold this year = 137
Miniatures bought this year = 20

512 miniatures to go!


6 comments:

  1. I am in the same boat, I start a new job in 4 weeks which will play havoc with my week nights but it is for a lot more money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on the new job mate!

      Hoefully we will still get to meet up and game on a regular basis!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the job Riot, I'm sure you'll get the odd moment to paint and model :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate.

      With the stress the new job is going to cause I am REALLY going to need those odd zen painting moments!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...