Friday 28 August 2015

OY stop messing about!!! You've back to work on Tuesday!!

I know. . . . I know! I'm back to work on Tuesday and should have spent the summer prepping for my new SEN role but. . . . . 

This is so much more fun then lesson prep!

One day I will grow up. . . . . Honest!

Here are some WIP shots of Herq the new strong man and an update of Dr. Gostellos first transporter.

First off here is where I left off



Since then I have discovered Games Workshop technical paints; Typhus corrosion and Ryza rust and now the truck looks like this. . . .







Even when you just slap it straight onto the original Corgi paint job it still looks the business!


Here's one last comparison shot.


Just like discovering my Dad's aftershave before my first School disco I think I might have gone a bit OTT with the effect but I LOVE the stuff!

I have also done some kit bashing with a Reaper Strong man and some Space Marine bits.


With all these rogue Space Marines in the circus, I'm wondering if Dr. Gostello might actually be an undercover Inquisitor?

Although the summer has not been too productive with regards to (proper) work I have managed to paint / sell 60 miniatures since the start of the summer break!

Why do I work again?

4 comments:

  1. I only work to give my mind a break from the deluge of hobby ideas, projects etc that are always buzzing around. Great work on the truck and that strongman looks ace too, looking forward to seeing this all come together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate.

      I am supposed to be reading the new SEN code right now ;0)

      Delete
  2. The truck is coming along very nicely, and I'm with you all the way on the work thing. I would rather clean the entire house and fix the car than get down to the serious matter of lesson prep, despite having had a long time to do so.... doh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the idea is 'Work to live' not 'live to work'.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...