Wednesday 6 April 2016

Year of Puns. (M)arch. Better late then never. Scarloc Archer.

So here is my entry for (M)arch for my year of puns.


I have to be honest this is not supposed to be my entry , that was originally the Ophidian Archway which then become the Gate house for my Mordheim terrain BUT . . . . . . . 

I had forgotten we were going away on holiday. . . . . . I knew we were going away but had completely forgotten the flight date!


In a panic I grabbed this fella as there was no way the original item was going to fit in the suit case. He is one of Scarlocs Woodelf Archers from the original 'regiments of renown' set and has been sitting in the lead mountain for at least 30 years.

I had fished him out as an Elf ranger for a hired sword for my Mordheim warband.

For this reason I gave him a washed out look to suit the urban terrain he would be fighting in.

The shield design was influenced by the artwork from the Mordheim rule book and seems to fit thematically.


Not a great sculpt but good for it's day. Shame it had to wait 30 years for it's time in the sun!

AND I got it finished before the 31st of March deadline!

Miniatures painted / sold this year = 60

Target 100

Miniatures bought 15
394 miniatures to go!

45 in the black this year.

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous job, can't believe he's thirty years old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. He was one of the oldest chips left in the lead mountain.

      The old GW mini's certainly have their charm.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...