Friday 14 April 2017

Blood in the Badlands purchases and a REALLY slow computer!!


Originally this was only going to be a short post about the upcoming 'Blood in the Badlands' campaign my gaming group are going to play for our summer offensive.

LOOK AT THE SHINEY SHINEY!!!!!!


So thats Triumph and Treachery which I have only played twice but absolutely LOVED!, Storm of Magic (which I have yet to play) and the Blood in the Badlands campaign book which I have already read through twice while away on holiday and cannot wait to get my teeth into!

So that was going to be the post but then I decided to run a chk dsk and defrag when I started up the computer and it was so slow I also managed to finish up this fella while my computer was sorting itself out!!!


An Ogre Bull, standard bearer.

Once again a quick and easy colour scheme for speed.


 Not completely happy with how the banner has turned out but he is one and done.

I still have several Ogres to finish and it now looks like they will need reinforcements for the upcoming campaign (as well as a couple of monsters for the Storm of Magic battles) so I need to get busy again with the brushes.


Now the numbers
Miniatures painted / sold this year = 92

Miniatures bought 16 due to new Mordheim campaign, Riotville live! and Paths to Glory.
388 miniatures to go!

Due to this campaign it looks like I am off to Salute next week so expect the unpainted total to rise sharply soon.

12 comments:

  1. Your cracking through those Ogres of late, good job. Enjoy Salute, me like a idiot double booked myself and will be in North London instead on that Saturday so won't be going.. Grrr. BTW if you don't want ya Salute mini I'll buy her from you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely turn up at the beginning of salute as I am very unBritish when it comes to queing. . . I hate it!

      If I do get my hands on the Salute mini I will be in touch.

      Delete
  2. Lovely work, man - That standard bearer may be one of the best Ogres you've done so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. That is high praise indeed coming from the mighty Mordian 7th!!

      Delete
  3. The skintones on that ogre are really well done mate. Back seems a bit bare though - some sort of tattoo perhaps?

    Have fun at Salute! One day I'll be back home at the right time to be able to attend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough I was thinking the same thing when I was painting the fella. I think it is exasperated by the plane back of the banner, large surface area of the Ogre's back and then the plain trousers!
      I was also thinking a tattoo but then I ranked him up with his unit and realised his back will be covered up by the second and possibly third rank of his unit so have not bothered.
      If the computer had taken even longer to restart him may have ended up with a tattoo ;0)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks man. I set them out on mass yesterday to do a tally and they are looking the part.

      Got to be honest I have really enjoyed painting them and there are more to come!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks very much. This fella has been very well recieved.

      Delete
  6. Fantastic Ogre standard, love him and I'm sure you'll love playing Badlands, as you say its a good read :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man.

      If the campaign turns out half as good as the book we are going to have a blast!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...