Thursday 1 June 2017

Legends of the Old West. The ballard of the righteous Wyatt Earp. This town isn't big enough for the both of us!


With Tookey MIA for the forseeable future I have decided to start posting a campaign my brother and I have been playing.

I did not post these as they happened as I did not want to confuse people about what game was what.

I have decided to run these as seperate from the games played by Tookey and I earlier to save me having an unfair EXP advantage against my brother.

My brother and I kicked off our Legends of the Old West campaign with a standard 'High noon' scenario.

Mare street in set up.


Kris has decided to run a deputation of law men based on the 'Earps' and other various 'faces' of the old west but decided to just run them as standard lawmen.

The Earps have heard tell of 'The Duke' and his 'High plains drifters' running their mouths and threatening to run the 'Law dogs' out of town.



At high noon The Duke and his boys enter the town from the south and blatantly bear arms within the city limits.

"The sign says NO guns!!
The 'Drifters' come gunning down Mare street while the Duke finds a vantage point to snipe from.


The Earps fan out and look for cover.


Tensions (and heart rates) rise as the posse's bear down on each other!

At this point The Duke takes aim and uses his fame to hit and wound the shotgun totting 'Seth Bullock'.


The other deputy on Kris' right flank wisely dives for cover and bunkers down behind the Wells Fargo stagecoach.


The 'Drifters' continue to tear down Mare Street under the covering fire of the Duke.



Finally the Earps judge the time is right and charge out of their cover to gun down the Outlaws.

Unfortunately for the Lawdogs one of my 'kids' screams 'fire' and the resulting fusillade decimates the Lawmen before they have a chance to get the drop on my scumbags!


During this carnage Deputy Bat Masterson finally manages to sneak up on the Duke and tries to gun him down!


Wyatt Earp is surrounded and all looks lost for the Lawmen. . . . . . .


But the tough bastard refuses to fall and beats off all three of his attackers!!!!


Back in the south of the town Bat Masterson finally guns down the Duke in a vicious exchange of lead!


Unfortunately for the law, the Kids from my posse charge Wyatt again and this time pummell the lawman into the dust!


It's at this point I win the drop but fail my 'pluck' test and decide we have proved our point and head for the hills (that's our story and we are sticking to it!).


In the post game rolls Seth Bullock succumbs to his injuries and joins Boot Hill!

Deputy 'Wild' Bill Hickock will miss the next two games due to his chest wound.

Wyatt seems to have gotten his eye in during this game and gains a plus one shooting value!

On my side all my Outlaws recover from their wounds and The Duke gains a wound, he also sends his boys out to find some boiler plate for a plus one grit.

Next game should see both posse's get a lot more 'salty'.

6 comments:

  1. I have to say that I am really enjoying these posts, great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man.

      I am gald someone other then me is enjoying this wild west adventure.

      Delete
  2. Another fun read...and such lovely figs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. The figures are great fun to paint.

      Delete
  3. Catching up here and well worth it, great post Riot :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, it was a fun little shootout ;0)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...