Sunday 11 June 2017

Titan Forge Ogre Pirates and other chips from the lead mountain!


Been slowly chipping away at the lead mountain in a desperate attempt to complete all three armies for the 'Blood in the Badlands' campaign.

Seven more done.


First up is a tiny lump of lead which is a Foundry Shopkeeper from their Wild West range.


Here is a comparison with the Titan Forge Ogre.

He is tiny!


Next up are more Ogre Pirates for my Badlands army.


This one is another lovely lump of resin from Titan Forge.

Love these bad boys!


Below is my kitbash / green stuff effort to make a Slaughter master look like a Voodoo priest.


This is a combination of a Titan forge head with GW Ogre bits and a LOT of green stuffing.

See!



The idea was to make him look like one of my favourate Warmachine miniatures, Doc.

Personally I think it is not a bad effort.

He will be the leader of my second army.


Next up is another Titan Forge Ogre pirate.

I can totally see me ending up buying their full Bloodsail Island range!


Really pleased with how the skin tones ended up.


Finally, here are three Yhetees from the GW ice wind assault box set.


Once again with these speed was the focus.


Black under coat, brown zenith spray, pick out some details, ink wash, edge highlights, DONE!


The good news is I have now finished 7 miniatures from the box set.

The bad news is that still leaves the massive Thundertusk and Stonehorn to finish!


Now the numbers


Miniatures painted / sold this year = 171

Miniatures bought 97
 
344 miniatures to go!

8 comments:

  1. Cool ogre's there Riot! I think you did a great job with the GS too. Very clever chap indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers.

      Sitting at BOYL last year watching the master Kev Adams work really helped me push my sculpting forward. Still a long way to go but I'm moving forward.

      Delete
  2. What a post! Cracking models and I love the Voodoo Priest, fabulous work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man.

      no where near as inventive as your 'Audrey'but I am pleased with how it turned out.

      Delete
  3. Love em Riot, they all look great, but the Voodoo conversion is smashing. Look forward to seeing them killing stuff in the Badlands :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. The Voodoo priest got his first run out into the badlands tonight. . . . Will post a battle report later in the week.

      Delete
  4. Lovely job on these...and superb conversion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. Really pleased with how they turned out.
      Now I just have to stop myself getting distracted by 'Death on a Red Planet' you posted on your blog!
      P.S. for some reason I am coming up as Deionne when I comment on your blog. Just so you know it's me

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...