Sunday 18 February 2018

Armageddon day. Part two.

 
With me singing shit 80's rock to myself  and with pizza freshly cooked and digested Shaggy was allowed out of the kitchen to play another game!

Game 4 would see my Orks ambushed by Shaggy's Chaos Marines.





With half my kill team garrisoning my base  I was allowed to split the rest of my kill team into smaller patrols.

Then I had the good fortune to roll a six which allowed the hunters to become the hunted!

Now I needed to nick the first turn!!

"OY! what's going on 'ere

Unfortunately thats not the case and the Chaos Marines charge in on my isolated patrol!


This will see one of my patrols curb stomped before the rest of the Lads can rush to the rescue.


The Space Marines continue to surge forward and crash into another of my isolated patrols!


This will see me fail my bottle test before the rest of the lads can even bring their guns to bear!

While I slunk off to lick my wounds and recruit a LOT more Orks Ed and Shaggy threw down for game 5.

This game would be another prometium hunt.


Once again the monster from the depths was on the prowl. . . . .


This game would see a plethora of sixes rolled.

First up an isolated Eldar was pounced on and dragged screaming into the toxic wastes!


Apparently the Eldar was only an aparatife and could not have had much meat on him as the monster was back next turn to chew on a cultist!!

"num num num!"
Suddenly everyone was a lot more willing to charge into the middle and away from the edges . . . I wonder why ;0)


Once again the Eldar used their speed and high balistic skill to isolate and gun down the more fragile Cultists and take the win!





Game 6 would be the last game of the day with all three kill teams contesting the field.

While the other two had been busy kicking lumps out of each other I had been busy recruiting!!

"ere we go, ere we go, ere we go"!!!!
Three kill teams, six prometium catches and a monster on the loose. . . . What could go wrong???????


This time we would use a card based activation to keep us on our toes!


First turns would see my Orks charging up the middle of the table in an effort to head off the Elves and grab the stash!!


Much to Ed's and my amusment Shaggy managed to get his leader eaten in the first turns by the roving monster ;0)


The Orks continue to surge forward under the cover of the venting gases.


Shaggy had done an amazing job wth the smoke markers and as the sun was starting to set they really helped add something to the table!



Due to overconfidence because of my superiour numbers (and nothing else) I decide to split my warband to take on all comers

WAAARRRRGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!


Caught up in a WWWWAAAARRRRRGHHHHHHHH!!!!! I fail to notice Shaggy has brought his Flamer Marine back!

OPPPSSS!

Any Orks which are not burnt to a crisp shit their pants and run for cover!

So much for WAAAARRRRRGHHHHHHH!!


On the other side of the table I manage to finally get my hands on a poxy Elf!!


Even my attack squig gets stuck in.


Desperate to keep some momentum on the right flank I charge in with my remaining Ork. . . . .and dispatch the flamer Marine.


And the fires continue to rage!!


With the Eldar ripped to pieces and urinated on the rest of the lads try to catch the Eldar heavy gunner but fall short of the target.


This results in several Orks being gunned down by the other pointy ears.


Over on the right the Chaos gods desert Shaggy, he fails his bottle test and flees the field.


With the gunning down of most of my Lads as they try to close with the Eldar heavy gunner my Boys also flee the field and Ed is declaired the overall winner!


Just wanted to thank Shaggy for hosting a top day of gaming and we are already talking about doing it again (without Ed ;0)) in the Easter break!

All in all I was very impressed with the 'plug and play' aspect of Shadow wars and will definately be playing again!

4 comments:

  1. Great Report Mate! was a good day of gaming and defo need to do it again....This time maybe add some towers!

    By the way nothing wrong worth 80s rock...Maybe I need to make a play list..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a top day of gaming. Nothing wrong with 80's rock but I was singing shit def Leppard songs to myself all the way through the last game 😂

      Delete
  2. Another fun report and another game I have to have a look at, cheers Riot :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. The rule book is 25 quid and allows you to pull out all sorts of random minis . . . you would love it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...